Monday, September 19, 2005


I've been thoroughly enjoying the influx of recent artist blogs. I figured it was due time i started my own. The main reason I think these blogs are so inspirational is because its art the way the artist intended pure & simple. Theres no outside factors ruining the integrity of this art (producers, network execs,etc.) With all the crap on tv these days, its nice to know this type/quality of art still exists. Finally theres an outlet where this kind of art can flourish. Anyways... enough ranting thats not what this is about. And with that, I guess I'll start with my 1st entry. Many of you may not know who I am, so I'll start my 1st post with a shameless plug (I know lame, right). My name is Jared Deal I'm an illustrator/animator based in the big apple. I've been in the biz since '98 cycling through the various studios in NYC. I've had the good fortune of working at many of the big studios around here including MTV, Nickelodeon, Spike TV, Comedy Central, Augenblick Studios, Cartoon Network, etc. and meeting some of the coolest, most talented folks. Its a pretty small animation community out here, but theres a ton of talent. It always impresses me the quality of work my friends create. I wont bore you guys too much with my backstory. If you wanna get caught up, you can just visit my website at www.carnivalcartoons.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeaux Janovsky said...

hey jared,
i saw the blurb about carnival on drawn and just wanted to say wow. as an aspiring animator and character designer ,myself...i wanted to say please keep it up. yr designs are bad ass.
would it be alrite if i linked you to my blog, all my heroes have day-jobs?
have a great day man. once again, keep it up.
sincerely,
Jeaux Janovsky
www.allofmyheroes.blogspot.com

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home