Tuesday, April 21, 2009

REEL DEAL
Well, here it is... the animation reel I should have had for the past 10 yrs, haha. Honestly, up until this point I've never really needed one, just kinda flowed from one job to the next. I figured I should take advantage of my recent "hiatus" and finally get crackin' on a reel. So here it is, enjoy...

...Oh yeah and in case you didn't realize this means I'm available for work finally, so hire me & stuff!
Also, it really bugs me that I spent a week on this getting the timing just perfect & hitting all my beats, etc, & in the end the compression just chops it all up.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Drew Bacca said...

That was GREAT! Loved the editing, man.

2:24 PM  
Blogger :: smo :: said...

the sword!!! sick!!!

the reel is really awesome! i think it would be good to note though which [if not all] characters you designed too, maybe call it an animation character design reel, because that's definitely a strength worth noting. also generally i feel like anything over 2 mins on a reel is on the longish side but it doesn't feel long so that's good, and you definitely get your point across by melting faces immediately. but maybe think about flashing a quick title card with your contact at the front too! just in case you get some weird impatient suit who doesn't know of the epic glory of the good deal as of yet!

great great work though man!!!

some sweet shows have been/are coming through europa btw you still in greenpoint?

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jared Deal said...

drew- thanx man. got a lot of mileage outta that spoiler short, haha.
smo- thanx dude... yeah man i havent had a reel since college (over 10yrs ago) it's been a while, so i appreciate the feedback. i wanna eventually do one w/ all my network jobs on there, but i just dont have a lot of the files. so most of the stuff on there is freelance where the majority of the characters are my design. the 4 main dudes in the redwalls video were designed by someone else, but everything else is mine. also shankweiler did bunch of the backgrounds.
& yeah i'm right down the street from europa so give me a shout next time you're heading to a show.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Mukpuddy said...

Awesome reel dude!!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

most awesome.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Common Raven said...

hells yeah! killer reel!!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home