Thursday, January 26, 2006





TONGUE TIED
Here's a few more stills from the Converse short. The short is advertising Converse's new "double tongue" sneaker. These kicks are crazy! Still not sure how to approach the bg's. I'm thinkin just white w/ old 80's graff everywhere. Remember the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" open??? Kinda like that. I don't know why exactly, but it just feels right. Hopefully I'll have time for that, as this is due Monday. Another thought was to do bg's but make everything fat/wide. Fat trees, fat sidewalks, etc. We'll see what I have time for, until then, enjoy this dude's creepy tongue... I think he likes you.

10 Comments:

Blogger SACKS said...

Plain white is HOT!!! Keep it simple. King of like those gap commercials. It keeps the focus on the character (which actually is hard to miss)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Jared Deal said...

yeah, you might be right. i've been debatin that as well.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Martin Wittig said...

Holy Sh*T!! I didn't know you had a blog up man! great Fu#@inG stuff!!!

martin

4:09 AM  
Blogger Jeaux Janovsky said...

fresh prince of BelAir, god bless you jared. you take me back to tha early nineties. cool as ice and all that shit.
this short looks great.
-jx

2:31 PM  
Blogger mikecarloooyeah said...

Absolutely incredible, totally blown away man. The stuff you have been putting up lately looks like a slight departure from what you normally do. I could be wrong about that, but this stuff looks great man! Keep it comming.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Pat Pakula said...

hells yeah dood

2:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Double tounge eh?
I love these drawings - and the bubbly way you draw hands.


.....shooting some b'ball outside of the school when a couple of guys who were up to no good started causing trouble in my neighborhood....

11:59 PM  
Blogger RÃ¥nny said...

lolz. this is just awesome. I love your character designs, Jared. can't wait for your next updation c:

11:29 AM  
Blogger the clownninja said...

cool shit man

7:17 PM  
Blogger Mukpuddy said...

Awesome blogging dude, can't wait to see the finished short!!! Go with the white I say!!!

I found the carnival cartoons website a while back and was meaning to email yous guys for a while!!! Very inspirational stuff!!!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home