Friday, March 12, 2010


BACK IN ACTION
Wow... It's been a while since I've posted here. Been busy with so many things both art and non-art related. But before I bore you with too many of the details, lets ease back into this blog thing with a quick art post. This June I will be having a solo art show at Dream In Plastic (a gallery/toy store here in Beacon... that's right, Beacon, not Brooklyn... I recently moved, but we'll get in to that in another post.) Anyways, I wanted to go in a new direction for this show, so I decided to venture away from my classic cartoony style and focus on more realistic subject matter. You know, new house, new lifestyle, going for that whole renewal thing, trying to start fresh. Above is my 1st painting/sketch for the show. Keep checking in as I will try to post more regularly and you can follow my process as I prepare for the upcoming show. There's a lot of other cool stuff I have to post here as well, I've been neglecting this blog for far too long.

2 Comments:

Blogger kaNO! said...

oh man, can'y wait to see how the new style looks, the drawing looks real nice man.

8:59 AM  
Blogger :: smo :: said...

hey, sometimes real life takes over, that's a good thing! this looks rad, the woodgrain is awesome, it really helps the whole thing feel super organic. huge departure from computing! this will look awesome finished up! great work as always mr. deal!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home