Monday, April 24, 2006




SKATE NIGHT
I was asked by my friend Jason to do a flyer for "Skate Rock Night" at his bar
  • Savalas
  • Skate Rock Night is basically a night of skate videos on the projection screen, drinkin, & good music! I wanted to do a kind of Ed Roth/ Rat Fink type thing with this one. It was fun to mess around with a different style. I think I started to get it more on the second sketch. The Pinstriping for the border was also fun. I've always been fascinated with custom auto detailing... don't know a whole lot about it, but I've been to my fair share of auto shows. Wonder if it's a fun gig? Anyways, I'm still waiting on the text, so I'm sure things will move around a bit still. Just wanted to give you folks a sneak peek. It's gonna be a double sided deal, so I've got to come up with something for the backside as well. Ill post the final for you guys to check out hopefully some time this week.
    Also... don't forget, tonight is the "3 Feet High" skate deck art show!!! Read more about it on the
  • Juxtapoz
  • site.

    8 Comments:

    Blogger mikecarloooyeah said...

    SUPER COOL!

    4:08 PM  
    Blogger TOONSTEAK said...

    That's a cool Rat Fink!

    6:09 PM  
    Blogger Todd Kauffman said...

    that would make a sweet t-shirt

    9:00 AM  
    Blogger Jared Deal said...

    I could throw it up on cafe press if anyone is interested i guess.

    9:29 AM  
    Blogger Mark Ackland said...

    nice man! Total Roth!!!! "Deal Fink!"

    2:21 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    This would make a sweet skateboard....
    i can't wait to travel to hoboken and see your designs

    3:07 AM  
    Blogger jimmynock said...

    Jared, these are awesome!!!! I grew up with Rat Fink and that whole car culture thing. Robert Williams, Ed Roth, Von Dutch. This is what got me motivated to be an artist. My hat is off to you. Very cool

    6:24 PM  
    Blogger RÃ¥nny said...

    i like your sketches. Do you do those in photoshop with the brush size set to 1? or is it flash?

    3:16 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home