Sunday, March 14, 2010


MOVIN' ON UP
So as I mentioned in the previous post, we recently moved. As much as I love the city I was really missing the little luxuries like privacy and space. I've been doing the apartment living thing for probably close to 15 yrs now and it just seemed like time for a change. After lots of research, Michelle came upon the town of Beacon, NY as a contender for the potential move. We visited a few times and absolutely fell in love with the town. Not only is it beautiful nestled between the river and the mountains, but Beacon has a great art scene as well. We're literally right down the street from the DIA!
Since the move, the house has become my new art project. So I figured I'd share a few pics of some of the things we've been doing, enjoy...
So we wanted to do a woods theme room for the master bedroom. The room actually overlooks the mountains, so we were inspired to bring a little of the outdoors, inside.
I ordered a few birch poles on line from this great company that sells birch poles and other lumber that was felled by mother nature. I thought it was kind of nice that they repurpose these fallen trees as opposed to chopping down perfectly healthy ones. Anyways I ordered 5 9' poles that I wanted to stand in the corner of the room to play off this great birch tree wallpaper Michelle found at Anthropologie.

The ceiling is aprox. 8'3", so I had to break out the hacksaw and trim off the excess.

I only wallpapered the one wall as an accent. Didn't want to go too crazy, plus the paper was super expensive, ha-ha.


Yes, I'm THAT anal. I can't stand when pictures are crooked. Also to the left is our oddly placed attic door which I kinda like cuz of its weird placement. I did a faux birch paint on it to tie it in to the rest of the room. Kind of neat cuz it's almost like a framed picture on the wall.

I'd like to sneak a few of these home improvement posts in here in between art posts as we continue to work on the house. I just think it's fun and it serves as a different outlet for my art.

3 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Phil said...

The place looks awesome! Good luck dude! I can't wait to see more. Especially the t-rex themed guest bathroom.

2:56 PM  
Blogger burgerlog said...

i love home improvement pics, can't wait to see more! congrats on the house!

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Shayna Caves said...

Ayye , How are you and Michelle . You guys should come visit out here !

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home