Monday, March 29, 2010



SKETCHBOT
So this is a little late, but I was part of a custom toy show this past Friday. The paltform was Steve Talkowski's Sketchbot figure. I have been itching to do a little sculpting for a while now, so I figured I'd give it a go and start with something simple. I have kind of been obsessed with this whole woods theme in my art plus I figured since its a robot everyone is going to be doing these really techy customs. So with that in mind I turned Sketchbot in to a tree, ha-ha. Actually I think it was my girlfriends idea originally. I also wanted to put something inside to make the custom more interesting. I picked up one of Nathan Jurevicius's Paleda Owl wind-up toys. It was a little too big to fit inside of Sketchbot, so I disassembled the wind-up mechanism and took a hacksaw to the bottom of the toy to shorten it a bit. Then I painted it and inserted the figure inside of my custom. Anyways here's the finished product, hope you guys like it. Show is up until April 23rd at...
My Plastic Heart
210 Forsyth St.
Lower East Side
New York
646.290.6866

3 Comments:

Blogger Mick said...

maaaaaaaaan
every time I come on here it has super cool stuff. It is quite the inspiration for sure

8:32 PM  
Blogger Steve Talkowski said...

Jared, I love the piece! Thanks for making time to be in my show - it was a great launch for the new platform. :)

11:04 PM  
Blogger Colin Jack said...

LOVE THIS!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home