Wednesday, September 28, 2005


BACK TO SCHOOL!
O.K, I'm gonna try something new. Either it's gonna be really cool & a lot of fun, or it's gonna fail miserably. My guess is the later, but I'll give it a shot anyways... When I used to work in the studio, as a break from the monotony of the job at hand I would catch myself doodling in the corner of the paper, on a post it, & now on the cintiq. I'm sure every one of you does the same thing. I would get in these "drawing contests" of sorts with my designer friends. We would pick a topic, like leprechauns or unicorns or whatever & just run w/ it. Again, nothing new, I'm sure you've all done the same with your friends. Since I freelance at home now, I dont have this outlet. Sure I can still doodle, but half the fun was trying to top your buddys' drawing w/ something totally ridiculous. So I figured I'd try & get my fix through my blog. In honor of the kids goin' back to school I figured I'd start this experiment off with the topic being "schoolyard bully". If any of you are inclined to participate just attach a quick doodle in "comments". The weirder the better! Super rough is super cool, it should be fun. Quick doodles are fine. If this works out, maybe I'll try doing this like once or twice a month. I set the standard pretty low with this one, so please feel free to put my bully to shame. Think of it as "homework".

4 Comments:

Blogger Jared Deal said...

Wow, awesome! Thanx fer comin' through. Hopefully you'll start the trend. Thanx a lot, & nice drawing!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your blog!! Great illustrations, awesome design and style!

2:11 AM  
Blogger SteveLambe said...

I dunno what you're talking about..that's a cool design.

Here's an oldie from me. Kind of a cheat...I'll do a new one tomorrow.


SteveBully

3:01 AM  
Blogger Jared Deal said...

Wow steve, those are AWESOME!!! What was this for? I hope that gorilla totally kicks his ass.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home