Saturday, September 24, 2005

THEN...





NOW...

SPOILER
Last April I entered my 1st film festival. "Spoiler" is a comedy film festival run by my good friend Drew Prochaska. In their words ...
"Spoiler is an excuse to get off your ass and make movies. Those participating in Spoiler have two months to produce a 5- minute comedy short using a topic that is voted on all involved. At the end of those two months, there's a night of drunken shenanigans. Everyone who submits a film recieves a DVD of all the entries. It's that simple."
What started out actually as a New Year's resolution is beginning to turn in to quite the film festival. Each Spoiler seems to get bigger & better.
Last April was my 1st entry, "Bend Over and Take It". I believe it was the 1st animated entry in the festival. The theme was "Action". It's more or less a glorified walk cycle, but the real film is what goes on in the background with the secondary characters. This was my 1st time actually animating to music. I was a bit nervous at 1st but soon found out that music actually made the animation process much easier. It's like built in timing, it's fantastic! I had a lot of fun with this piece & hope to do more festivals in the future. I was recently asked to do the opening title sequence for the upcoming spoiler in November, the theme being "Deadline". I've attaced the character i'm working on for the sequence. It's kind of a spoof on the old MGM openings... you know, with the lion. Guess he's aged a bit since those glory days. To find out more about spoiler visit www.spoilerfilms.com. To see "Bend Over and Take It", visit my site.

1 Comments:

Blogger tony lawson said...

hah, in one of those pics, there's a guy who looks to have quite a "package". i like these pictures.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home