Monday, October 03, 2005


ONE OF US, ONE OF US
These are really old, so be forgiving. These are a few sketches I had done as a bid for the "Howard Stern, High School Years" cartoon. They've been talking about doing this cartoon forever, Howard would often talk about it on his show. Anyways I think everyone & his mother did a bid for this show. I'm not really sure where the project stands now or even if it's still a thing, maybe one of you can enlighten me. I believe they ended up going with more of a "Crumb" type feel as Howard is a huge comic fan. I had the pleasure of meeting him once while I was working over at Spike TV. I have to admit I was extermely hung over that day (I mean sick... cough,cough) & contemplated not going to work. But I knew Howard was gonna be there & I'm a pretty big fan, so I sucked it up. Funniest thing was we got prepped before he walked in... ya know the whole look busy dont ask too many questions type deal. When he finally arrived, he took the time to stop at every one of our desks shake our hand & chat us up a bit. Seriously he stopped & talked to each & every one of us. Full of compliments this guy, I think he truly was interested in what we were doing. He even talked about his animation tour the next day on his broadcast & mentioned a couple of dudes I work with. Anyways... I hope it works out & he does find someone to do the show, it could be a lot of fun. I'm a little bummed we didn't get the gig cuz I was really lookin' foward to that premiere party at Scorers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Jones said...

Cool, rough edged drawings & funny story. Over here in the UK we really only know Stern from the PRIVATE PARTS movie, which is hbilarious. Would the cartoon be more adult oriented too?

12:49 PM  
Blogger Jared Deal said...

It was supposed to be about his life story as a kid in high school. I don't think he was neccessarily the coolest kid back then. I think it was intended for a bit of an older audience. Ya know like a Spike TV or Comedy Central type adult cartoon. Maybe you can listen to Stern when he crosses over to satellite radio. I'm kind of curious how the show will be once it's no longer censored.

1:43 PM  
Blogger kaNO! said...

hotness son, let's exchange links, i did't know you was doing the blog thing. hit me back jared

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home