Tuesday, March 30, 2010



TIMBER!
Can't get enough of the woods art lately. Here is the beginnings of another piece for my upcoming show in June at Dream in Plastic. Can't wait to get painting these! It's kind of refreshing to work in a new style again. Also on the home decorating front... as you can see I added a new stump to the bedroom. I was walking home from the train a few weeks back and noticed there were a bunch of trees that were cut down/back along the highway. Found this beauty and hauled it all the way up to my place. For those of you that have walked to my place from the train, you know it can be quite a task. It's a super steep trek. Anyways I did a lot of work on it to get it to the state you see it now. I had to saw off a pretty good chunk that was cut unevenly when I found it. I cleaned up both ends an leveled it out. Then I needed to carve out a little sliver of rot that was starting to form. The stump needed to be dried out as well. I wanted to make sure there were no dormant little bugs hanging around too, so it was a long time before I actually felt comfortable bringing the tree in the room. Eventually I may decide to polyurethane the ends, but I just want to make sure it's fully dry 1st.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home